Harper can now roll over from her belly to her back and from her back to belly! Brandon was stressing so much because he wanted her to roll over at 4 months.. so on the day before she was technically 5 months he worked with her so much! He put her on her belly and as soon as he did she rolled right over!! Of course my back was turned so I missed it :( but we were very proud and Brandon is happy we can mark in the book she rolled over at 4 months haha. Then the next day I was playing with her on her back and she rolled to her belly! Brandon missed that one ;) hehe!
She is doing quite well with solids. I have to feed her solids before I nurse her or else she will NOT open her mouth to eat any more! So far she has had rice cereal,sweet potatoes, apples, yams, pears, bananas, peas and tonight for the first time she tried zucchini and LOVED it!! I have so much fun making her food and watching her enjoy it :) I had bought baby food peas for those time when I didnt have anything prepared and she hated them!! She spit them out right at me and all over me lol. But the homemade ones I made for her she loved and ate them all! I dont know if we are saving any money by me making her food but all that matters is I know EXACTLY what is in it and I usually make it fresh that day for her :)
Her sleep/wake schedule is pretty much the same as before.. She wakes up at 730am then naps at 9am and 1pm and then her 3rd nap varies on the day and what we have going on, then bedtime is between 8-830pm. She is in the habit of waking up at 5am every morning and wanting to eat so I am letting it go for a few days thinking that she is just growing and will hopefully help her out of that habit ASAP! It totally messing with my gym routine LOL!!
Harper still adores her big sister Kinsey. I have to pull the funniest faces and make the most ridiculous noises to get a tiny giggle out of her, but when Kinsey just looks, talks, or even just smiles at her she busts out laughing! I dont get it... but I think its so cute and it melts my heart every time! They play so well together and now that Harper is starting to get bigger and more alert, Kinsey is having so much fun with her. If Harper starts crying, Kinsey is right there to check on her. When we are on walks, Kinsey always makes sure the blanket is perfectly over her and she is comfy. Tonight I stepped away from the table while feeding Harper for a few sec and when I came back I found Kinsey feeding her!! She had made a total mess and food was ALL OVER Harper but they were both smiling and having a blast so how could I get mad haha.
Miss Harps is a snuggle bug and LOVES to just chill in your lap and observe! She is the perfect company while catching up on my TV shows or doing homework ;) She will even look up at you every once in awhile and give you a huge grin.
Bathtime is now "splash"time! I am usually soaked after giving her a bath because she gets her legs kicking so much and water flies everywhere.
She is still in size 2 diapers and wearing size 6-9 month clothing. Some 3-6 month clothes still fit as well :)
Harper had her very first long road trip and did AMAZING!!!! We only had to stop once each way to feed her! I was so worried because she does not like her car seat.. but between Brandon and Kinsey, they kept her pretty entertained lol (I'll post about our road trip another time)
Harper is still very happy and social and just loves life! She has started to show a little "stranger danger" around people she doesnt see very often. It is usually total drama too with her bottom lip sticking out and a cry that sounds like someone pinched her. Mommy comes to the rescue though and she calms right down haha
We take her in at 6 months for her next check up and I cant wait to see how much my "lil chubs" weighs!
![]() |
| WE LOVE YOU MISS HARPS!!!! |








Love reading your blog updates! Cutest 3 girls ever :)
ReplyDelete