Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Update on the girlies.

My eyes are burning and I am completely exhausted but I need to update this blog before I put it off any more!!

We are all doing pretty good except for all the nasty viruses that keep making their way into our house.  No matter how clean I keep the house, or how many times I wash mine and the girls hands, or keep them inside, we are STILL getting sick! I dont understand.. I was sick for about 24hours with a horrible sore throat and body aches, Kinsey has a head cold, cough and bad ear infection, and Harper has a cold. BUT we are all happy and enjoying life still haha

Kinsey's vocabulary has grown so much these past few weeks, its amazing! She is putting so many sentences together and turning into quite the little talker.  The other day Brandon had spilled something on his shirt and she told him "nice shirt, Dad!!" haha I about died! I have noticed if Brandon and I are talking she will repeat what we say to each other right after we say it, she is our little parrot :).  She also likes to pick one or two words out of a sentence you say to her and repeat them back to you and laugh.
Since the time change has happened I have kept Kinsey on her same schedule so that she says up an hour later and sleeps in an hour later.  Last summer she was going to bed when it was light outside so I figured we will put her to bed at 9pm instead of 8pm and now she sleeps until 830am!  Harper gets up at 7am so I dont get to sleep in, dang it haha! Kinsey lays down for a nap between 130-2 and will sleep until about 4.  Her new thing is she will yawn and say "I tired!!" then when you ask her if she would like to go to bed she yells NO!! haha  She is enjoying being a big sister and we still havent had any major jealousy issues (yea!!).  She did kick Harper while they were in the car the other day but I know it was an accident because Kinsey started to cry when Harper cried and as soon as we got out of the car Kinsey rushed over to her and gave her a big hug and kiss and said, "you ok? I sorry!" One of those moments that melts my heart :)  Now that it is getting warm outside Kinsey wants to be out there 24/7!  She LOVES to play in the dirt and get dirty...and swing on her swing!
Another cute thing she is doing right now is if you give her multiples of something, like a few pretzels for example, she will eat one, give one to whoever gave them to her and save one for daddy!  She will even point her finger and tell me "daddy's!!" She is very protective of him and loves to share.
Every night before she goes to bed she likes to watch an "EEE" (movie) in Mommy and Daddy's bed.  At first I thought I was starting a bad habit but then I realized its a great thing!  We snuggle in the bed together as a family and watch a few minutes of TV together while I feed Harper.  Then after I am done we give each other kisses and the girls go to bed.  It works out PERFECT and its nice to get those last few snuggles in before the day is over :)
Kinsey is growing up so fast and becoming quite the character.  Her personality is exactly like mine and its so fun to watch her grow up, explore and learn new things every day.  Having a toddler is so rough sometimes but the good times def weigh out the rough times :)
This girl loves her chocolate milk with a "staw" :)

best buds!!!

practicing her frog jumps

"JUMP, JUMP!!"


She is starting to loose her chubby cheeks :(

Kinsey adores Elmo

Crazy hair :D

Taking a pic with dads phone of Harper haha

Thank goodness for toy rooms!!


Now for Miss Harper!! Where do I begin?!  She is SUCH a sweetheart oh my goodness!  I find myself just snuggling with her and kissing her every single second I get! I cannot believe how big she is getting and the fact she will be 16 weeks on Saturday just makes me want to cry..I honestly have no clue where the 16 weeks have gone.  We have so much fun with this little girl that time is flying by so much faster than imaginable.  Harper is now on a 3-4 hour schedule and sleeping almost 11 hours straight at night.  She wakes up every once in awhile but she usually just fusses for a few min and falls right back to sleep.  Sometimes I make Brandon get up to give her her binkie but thats it :)  We got into a little bit of a bad habit over my spring break because i didnt have to get up early and I wanted to sleep in as much as possible. So I would bring her into bed with me for her first morning feeding and then we would both fall back to sleep until Kinsey got us up haha! I did LOVE snuggling with her though and now we are back to the normal..
Miss Harps is doing better with her tummy time!  She will lay on her belly and play and watch whats going on around her.  When she is on her back she likes to roll to one of her sides, I think she will be one of those babies that rolls from their back to belly before belly to back haha!  She gets on her side and gets her legs swinging so much, its funny to watch :).  Her tongue is usually poking out of her mouth!  She loves to blow bubbles and drool A LOT! I have had to start putting bibs on her already!!!  Harper is THE happiest baby I have ever seen, this girl is constantly smiling.  And boy does this girl have flirting down to a T!  She will look at you with her beauty eyes, then as soon as you make eye contact she smiles big and turns to look the other way.  Brandon and I are in BIG trouble haha!  Harper is now giggling as well!  Her and Kinsey play together and Kins can get to her giggle so much.  I love just sitting back and watching those two interact.  They are best friends already!
always has her hands in this position lol

i love my girl :)

FLIRT alert!

one happy little girl!




she is proud of her tongue haha 

Having a second child has really added to my stress, anxiety, and workload but I have learned to just take each day and to enjoy it all! The dishes can wait, we all have enough clothes that laundry doesnt HAVE to be done every week, and so what is my house isnt always clean, but my girls are never going to be little like this again.  They grow up so fast and time is slipping away.. I absolutely LOVE being a mommy!!! and even luckier I get to be a stay-at-home mommy!!!!! :)

2 best girls a mommy could ever ask for :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think your girls could be any cuter! Being a stay at home mom is the best, I feel very lucky too! You are always so positive, I need to remind myself all of the time that the laundry and all that fun stuff can wait!! These girls are just growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Amanda!!! I try to be positive as much as I can.. but it is pretty dang hard sometimes haha! I cannot believe Maelee is almost a year old!!!! Time needs to slow the heck down...

      Delete