Thursday, November 24, 2011

37 and 38 weeks prego!

Well this will be a combined post because I totally didnt have time last week to blog about my last appointment and then I had another one today so I will just put it all into one!!

Last week was my appt and I was 36 weeks and 5 days.  Everything went really well like it normally does and Harper is growing so big VERY fast!  He measured her weight at 6lbs 14oz... YIKES! I was a little freaked out about those numbers because they gain about a pound a week and if i still had 3 weeks left that meant she could be over 9lbs.  Then he checked to see if my cervix was doing anything and the result was NOTHING!! It was still very long and I was only dilated to a finger tip.  I was so discouraged but just kept telling myself that she is just not ready and to just relax. So as soon as we got home I was on the move.  I didnt sit down and was up doing something just trying to get pressure on my cervix so I could make some progress.  And that brings me to my excuses as to why I have been so bad at blogging  for the past week!  Blogging means sitting down at the computer and there was no sitting down this past week.  I raked my yard (which is not an easy task due to the fact we live on a corner and have a HUGE tree!)  I caught up on ALL laundry and even got all Harper's clothes, bedding, and car seat stuff washed, I deep cleaned my whole house, washed walls, baseboards, scrubbed both bathrooms, vacuumed every inch of my floors, re organized Kinsey's room and got her twin bed, painted an antique dresser that i found on KSL for Kinsey and put that in her room, finished the nursery with all furniture, and lots off other little things ALL while chasing around a toddler, taking care of a puppy who had surgery, and having fun! It was a very busy week but it was good!

Then at my appointment today things were exactly what I wanted to hear! Harper is doing fabulous, her heart beat is amazing, I have lots of fluid for her, she is now 6lbs 15oz AND my cervix is almost fully thinned and I am almost dilated to a 2!!!!! wahoo :)  All that hard work def paid off lol  He even swiped my membranes so I hope that helps get things moving a little bit more so I can have her this weekend (after my Turkey dinner and Black Friday shopping of course hehe) 

Wish me luck! I would really like to have Harper this weekend because my Grandma and Grandpa from St. George will be in town and that would be perfect to have them here!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment